Edwards County Medical Center is proud to partner with Meridian Health for Respiratory Therapy services.
Respiratory Therapists assess, diagnose, treat, and educate patients on various pulmonary illnesses and conditions. Respiratory Therapists work with medical providers and other health care professionals to provide compassionate, quality healthcare close to home.
Respiratory Therapy helps manage the care of patients with cardiopulmonary issues such as:
- Cardiovascular disorders
Our licensed Respiratory Therapist performs therapeutic and life support procedures including:
- Administration of oxygen and aerosol medications
- Treatment of inpatient and swingbed patients
- Oximetry studies
- Chest physiotherapy
- Pulmonary function testing
- Holter monitors
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Stabilizing, treating and managing ER patients
- Initiation and management of mechanical ventilation